Wednesday, September 25, 2013

'...The Only Thing Certain Is That Everything Changes'

The past few weeks of my existence have provided me with ample opportunity to reflect on life. That said the past few weeks of my existence have also provided me with ample opportunity to be a productive human being but I decided that a little bit of life reflection doesn't require getting off the couch.
As you may (or may not, shame on you) have noticed from the title I have been listening to Frank Turner again. Tape Deck Heart to be specific. I recently gave it another listen through and became hooked on Polaroid  Picture. (It became my new 'I-must-listen-to-it-on-repeat-until-I-hate-it' song). Combine this with 2 pretty radical changes in living environment within the space of 6 weeks and it's only natural that one would begin thinking about the transient nature of the day to day.
Personally, over the last 12 months I have gone through quite radical changes. I moved country. I made friends with people who I would never have stood a chance of meeting. I said goodbye to things that were holding me back and hello to things I never ever thought I would do and it led me to think that the fact life is so unpredictable and so prone to change isn't necessarily (as I had previously firmly believed) a bad thing.
Yeah, sometimes change sucks. Saying goodbye is one of the hardest things you'll ever have to do be it to a relationship or to someone you care about or something you love but as I learned recently it doesn't suck forever.
I've also recently become a firm believer of what will be will be (I guess it can be attributed to *shudder* 'growing up'). It you were meant for that job you would have gotten an offer, maybe that module wouldn't have suited you anyway, if people are meant to stay in contact they will or If you're not supposed to be with someone you won't be. No amount of pretending will change that. I guess the idea that the only reason something went to shit was because it wasn't supposed to happen from the get go makes it easier to deal with the inevitable lows life throws at you. Likewise when something fantastic happens to you it adds to the euphoria to believe that this moment of happiness was meant for you all along.
Apologies for the slight ramble of a post. I started writing this with no idea of what I actually wanted to say. I promise the next one will be happier. Maybe jump on the ever growing bandwagon and discuss GTA. We shall see.
Bis später
- Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment