Sunday, December 8, 2013

An Amalgamation of the Last Few Weeks

So over the last few weeks I have started no less than 4 blog posts. My reasoning for telling you this?
1. It shows you that I actually haven't completely neglected this, and
2. It makes me feel like I actually attempted to do something over the past few weeks.

So the titles of my failed blog posts ranged from simply 'Stress' to 'F*ck life and everything in it' (it was a working title) so you can imagine what the weeks consisted of.
Final year is, to put it nicely, a pain in the neck. Over the last 2 weeks alone, 2 boring topics have been presented on, over 12,000 words of nonsense have been written and 150 pages of words have been read (of course about 100 hours worth of YouTube has also been watched so you know, swings and roundabouts). To say Christmas break is welcome, if not to slightly alleviate the workload,  is an understatement.

I'm also going travelling again. Cue gasps of shock and awe. Well that is if air travel doesn't go ABSOLUTELY F*CKING INSANE AGAIN. Sorry, allow me to explain.
Yesterday (you're probably reading this 4 years after I post it after being linked from a site on the 'bad side' of the internet, so accurate dating isn't really an issue) a friend of mine was supposed to arrive. Note the 'supposed to'. She clearly didn't as flight decided to, you know, not work. Of course Ryanair, being the helpful compassionate company that they are offered all the help they possibly could to their stranded passengers in Gatwick. In the form of leaving the building and not giving them their luggage back for an extended period of time. Hurray, circumstance!
My friend will now be arriving in the land of Shamrock and ever mounting unemployment tomorrow morning when we pack what would have been 4 days of sightseeing and alcohol into 2. Challenge accepted.

On Thursday it's my turn to get into an enclosed flying death-tube. More commonly referred to as 'an aeroplane'. Rescue Remedy at the ready. I shall be gracing both Bath and Cardiff with my presence. I am excited. Doctor Who related things live in Cardiff. Oh....and my dear friend who I'm definitely not using as a means to see these Doctor Who related things.

All I can say is expect pictures of the wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey variety.

- Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment